Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Custom Response

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:44 am

The ChatBot Plugin is now feature complete for 3rd Party API Support. It now ( after 3 iterations of SVA ) supports
  • AIML
  • Pandorabots
  • Verbots
All of their files are in the ChatBot folder found in the Contents directory. You can now use any of your favorite editors and write your custom responses for patterns.

Additionally the most simplistic way to Add a response is to create what is called a Swatch.

To do so you need to define a pattern for the input ( by user ) and a default response to that pattern.

PATTERN can be any regular expression pattern for instance if you want to reply "apple" to the question "whats your favorite fruit" the swatch would be

So lets take an example here. If you wanted the ChatBot to respond "At your service Sir" ( Sir if the gender is set to Male else its Ma'am ) everytime the user called Assistant by its name "Madonna"

Theres a field used in the above example {user.title}. These are fields that are added by the Filter Plugin. More info on fields are available in the Developers Section

musclehead52

Re: Custom Response

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:33 am

ok,so I'm a dummy.but I still can't get swatches to work.syntax maybe? whatever that means.could I get a more detailed explanation on using these please.thank you :oops:

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Custom Response

Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:19 am

Swatches will no longer be there in the upcoming version so I don't think you should use them :) Revarn called swatches "plain and stupid". Instead you will be able to use Chatbot Studio to write your custom Bot.

Return to “User Tutorials ( Prototype 8.0 )”