aoe316

speeking vs typing

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:09 pm

Hello, it is to my understanding that syn is connected to a chatbox. When I use commans like open chrome and close window, syn works. But if I try to say how are you, or whats the weather like I dont get anything. No response or no action. If I type how are you than syn will answer but nothing with voice commands unless its something like opening or closing a window
Is there something im missing?

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: speeking vs typing

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

To check what all you can say to Syn with ( Inbuilt Speech recognizer ). Go to Settings Panel - > Speech Settings and refer the choice list. If you want to try something different then use "Sphinx" Speech recognizer. Make sure you refer the user manual - > Speech Settings before you use CMU sphinx. CMU Sphinx is a static non-choice based speech recognizer and doesn't learn over time. It also requires that you don't have an accent.

If you have a high speed internet connection ( < 11 Mbps ). Then you can use OnlineSpeech plugin available in Syn Store. Once you install the plugin you can again check User Manual - > Online Speech to see how to use it.

aoe316

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:50 am

FranzZ wrote:To check what all you can say to Syn with ( Inbuilt Speech recognizer ). Go to Settings Panel - > Speech Settings and refer the choice list. If you want to try something different then use "Sphinx" Speech recognizer. Make sure you refer the user manual - > Speech Settings before you use CMU sphinx. CMU Sphinx is a static non-choice based speech recognizer and doesn't learn over time. It also requires that you don't have an accent.

If you have a high speed internet connection ( < 11 Mbps ). Then you can use OnlineSpeech plugin available in Syn Store. Once you install the plugin you can again check User Manual - > Online Speech to see how to use it.
not only are you a great dev, but you great at keep in touch with eveyone. I do have a fast internet connection so Ill give that a shot.
May I ask you what settings and tweaks you use? Since you are the dev you probably know the best options.
Also do you know what SEO is when it comes to internet marketing?

aoe316

Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:19 am

Okay thanks, I thought you would be able to ask how your day is, or tell me a joke kind of interaction also... Is that what online speech is?

aoe316

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:18 am

i am still playing around with it.. if i type something it has answers but if i try to speak it only listens to commands :(

Fantom
Help & Support

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Well since you asked here is my system configuration it may not be the best but its all what I need :)
  • i5 Intel Processor
  • 4 GB RAM
  • Windows 7 64 Bit US English Version
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX650 1GB
  • 256GB Samsung 840 Pro Series SSD
  • 16 Mbps Internet Connection
And like I mentioned OnlineSpeech can be used to recognize anything you say if you get it to work. And No I am not the developer :) its Revarn and the rest. I help them test the software and provide different hardware setup before the release date.

kostasb30

sym doesn't work no voice commands and no avatar

Mon May 26, 2014 8:40 pm

Hello guys i just installed the syn 8.0 prototype and nothing works.

I configured the 3d avatar and i just have only one backgroung image.

I fix and test the speech recognition and non voice command works with inbuilt engine.

and i have low internet connection and i cannot use online speech

when i use it it stucks on : speech : recognising.

please help me to enable the voice commands and the avatar

thank you in advance,

konstantinos

aimull
Pro

Wed May 28, 2014 3:38 am

kostasb30 wrote:I configured the 3d avatar and i just have only one backgroung image.
hey kostas,
i think this problem will be solved if u read this: http://www.syn.co.in/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1483

Return to “Report Bugs and Issues”