Icrx

Any way to change the size?

Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:16 pm

Hi guys, just signed up after trying this out for a couple days. So far I think it's pretty good and I've been tinkering around with it a bit more now. One issue I'm having though..Is there any way to change the dimensions? No matter where I select where it docks, I can't seem to resize it at all, and it takes up a fair amount of space. Failing that, is there any way to make it transparent at all?

Actually, while I'm asking, there was one other thing I was wondering too. Is there a way to disable the pop ups? Like when you ask for the weather, a pop up shows up while it's also reading it out. If it's reading it out, I don't really need to see the pop up with the information on as well, but I can't find an option to disable them.

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Any way to change the size?

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:00 pm

I recommend that you use Top as the Docking mode in your Avatar Settings and I am not sure if you can actually disable any pop-up.

Whenever the Assistant speaks something its important that it displays to the user where the message is coming from at times it may be difficult for some users to comprehend the speech synthesized.

But you can use Tray mode in the Display System plugins to minimize the size of some display panels. Please do let me know if you need any further assistance.

Icrx

Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks for the help. Docking at the top is definitely the best option for reducing the size, but it's a shame you still can't change the dimensions yourself, or add transparency/perhaps have it running in the background.

Fantom
Help & Support

Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:11 am

but it's a shame you still can't change the dimensions yourself, or add transparency/perhaps have it running in the background.
Actually its not that the feature was never thought of. But its only available to users with Extended License. I could have asked you to go for an extended license instead of proposing a solution but at the moment 4 new products have been launched ( SIML, Syn Bot, Syn Chatbot Studio and Syn Web Assistant ) by Syn Network and I believe that some architectural changes will be made in the future version of Syn Virtual Assistant.

Previous discussion on the same topic.

Return to “Report Bugs and Issues”