Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Some Advice

Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:20 pm

• Never access any Engine functionalities inside the constructor of your Plugin class always use the overridable function "Initialize" to initialize variables
  • When making a parser remember to set the Match property before you send the Data to the Caller's Context. Null values aren't accepted and will Not generated the desired output.
  • Check the Caller's language using the Language property before you start parsing it to avoid runtime errors.
  • Keep a flag variable in your Page or use the IsReady plugin property to ensure some functions are called only once - Sometimes the Engine loads your page more than once which may cause dual load event call.
  • Make sure you define all patterns in Small Letters as the Engine formats user inputs to lowercases.
  • Your plugin file name , XML document file name , Plugin class name and its root namespace should be exactly the same. ( excluding file extension )

evilvic

Re: Some Advice

Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:44 am

how can i get my laptop too chat with my desktop?

thank you in advance

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Some Advice

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:20 am

1 year support for Prototype 8 has ended this month but I think you can still use the Channel Plugin available in syn store and send commands to Syn Virtual Assistant in computers connected to the same network by assigning the right IP address.

Return to “Developer Tutorials”