jbrunk

a few questions

Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:44 pm

I am working on my home automation system and have been looking for a central "brain" system. I can do mobile development to interface from mobile applications.

So I have come to a couple of infrastructure type of questions.

1. what kind of database is this using? Is there something that we should be backing up? Is there a way to have things load balanced or fault tolerant?

2. is there a way to send requests/commands from multiple locations using service calls or mqueue type messages that will allow syn to be used by multiple people from multiple places? I would hate to have my machine talking all day if i am requesting information from my mobile and the wife listen to my computer talk to itself

3. is there any documentation on creating a new avatar and voice?

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: a few questions

Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:18 am

Hi there,

1. Prototype 6 relied on SQL database storing and retrieving information runtime including Python Scripts - But Since we decided to bring in Military Standards - We removed all external database dependency and 90% of the time there is no File-Write ( Except the Log File ).

2. Yes that is exactly what Syn Virtual Assistant does. If you are talking to it using your computer you will receive Voice+Textual response and at the same time if you used your mobile ( logged in to any Messaging service like Gtalk , yahoo or live ) a response is generated and sent in spite of the fact that the first response might still be in its "generating" state.

3. Syn Virtual Assistant is extremely fault tolerant because its designed using a modular form of coding.

4. To create your own Avatar refer this Link

jbrunk

Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:54 pm

Some follow up questions :)

Regarding the fault tolerance, what i was looking at is, is this something that can be put on mutiple servers, so if one fails, the other would be able to take over and have the same learned info?

Is there a way to interface to syn directly? like say i build a mobile android app or ios app, is there a way to make calls directly instead of going through the messenger service?

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:04 am

Running and synchronizing Multiple instances of Virtual Assistant can be made possible with the help of a Plugin - that would share input and output data with other Virtual Assistants in the network

And any mobile can interface with the Virtual Assistant (by online means ) through xmpp protocol

Return to “General Discussion”