mentox2011

Multilanguage

Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:05 am

Hi, my name is Jorge, i´m from Peru.
I was looking for virtual assistants for a long time, finally i discovered your incredible free program , its really awesome but the only inconvenience that i found is the language. I have change my system language to english so the program can work properly but the problem is that sometimes it doesn´t understand me because of my pronounciation, is there anyway that you or me could change the virtual assistant language to spanish?

Thank You :)

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: Multilanguage

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Jorge, Its great to have someone from Peru.

And thanks for the appreciations. Multilingual support has always been a consideration and with the upcoming version ( Prototype 7 ) its even possible to use online speech engines and change all commands in the XML files ( including complex patterns ). I myself am trying to find a simple modification to the engine that could help us create a Multilingual System. If thats done you will be notified.

aladin112

Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

hi
My name is Alex and I'm from Germany. Unfortunately, my English is not good enough to constantly deal in all things with it. The virtual assistant is the best I've seen so far and can be measured without problems with programs cost a lot of money.
Unfortunately, there is a language pack that you can simply upload. News and memories, texts read aloud and other things are hard for me to english. Sometimes I have to look up what some words mean. I use Prototype 7 and have unfortunately found nothing where you could easily switch to the German. Is there something in Prototype Prototype in 7 or maybe 8 if they come?
Excuse my english

Greetings Alex

ps. I would be willing to help with a language pack for the German language

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:14 am

Thank you very much Alex.

I am glad, though you are from Germany, that you found Syn Virtual Assistant interesting.

Yes we are looking forward to developing a language pack - which requires help from users world wide. Development of the language pack will start soon ( with the development of Prototype 8 ). As for now we are testing SynEngine 2.0 ( which will run on many Operating System ) after that I will personally start a forum section where I will post all the commands in English and will request users to help us convert them to their language.

Guten Tag!

Johnny

Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Hi all,
I am John from Greece. Syn Virtual Assistant is very interesting and I really want to use it! But I have some issues. I use Windows 7 64bit with Greek MUI. My TTS recognition is only in English - US (Microsoft Anna).
When I open as Admin the SVA it is shown as a thin bar on the right side of my screen... How can I see the whole interface?
Second, can I change the language to speak Greek? Also how can I install a compatible Greek TTS?? Is there any tested?

Finally if you need any support on translating to Greek I can help with it.

aimull
Pro

Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:07 am

Hey Johnny,

let's get things cleared first...
TTS stands for Text-To-Speech, to get a text spoken out this function needs a VOICE...
& you got Microsofts Voice Anna (en/us) installed
Next thing is Speech Recognition, the way your system understands what you speak...
you can take 3rd party software for that, or like you seem to do, the in-built service from Windows.
You can download different Speech-Recognition profiles incl. TTS-Voices directly from Microsoft for many languages.
the speech-recognition-profile you want to use must have the same language your OS interface is running,
so in your case - greek.

Now to your 1st problem with the Interface...it's a know bug being fixed in the future versions, see this link to fix this problem: http://www.syn.co.in/forums/viewtopic.p ... =461#p1792

2nd..you can't make the assistant speak greek yet, cause its english...it will speak greek if a translation in greek is being made, but like you may have read...multilanguage support is yet to come ;)

You can install any voice you want though, nearly every TTS-Voice should work, no matter what language the voice is, but when your greek voice (or whatever voice you may try) is reading/speaking out the english text, it will just sound like some funny shit :lol:

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi Johnny,

I think Steric has the right response. TTS depends on what you have in your Windows machine.

Also adding to what Steric said Multi-language is a huge undertaking. But I have done just that - In Prototype 8 most of the input/output would be file based ( including patterns ) - This has been done to allow developers/volunteers to change the Plugin's setting file and try different language. To this I had to re-write the Engine's core pattern extraction system.

And soon I will create a section - Asking volunteers to convert the Plugin's Settings file to other Languages - so that we can bundle them all together as a single Language pack.

Return to “Feature Request and Suggestions”