omi313

A new 2D avataar?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:41 am

Hi! I'm completely new here and I liked how the plugins worked around on the SVA. I have a suggestion if it would be possible to make a 2D animated avatar similar to CORTANA that is on the windows phone. Unfortunately I do not have much basic idea of coding but I'm still learning. Another amazing thing would be to include a facebook plugin so that SVA can read my fb notifications or message on my behalf, or give status updates, post photos, check my email etc. I liked how I could implement gmail services on the SVA, it would be amazing if there was a facebook plugin. And using a JARVIS like Rainmeter theme that is integrated into the SVA will make it all come alive. Recently I installed Dragon Naturally Speaking v13 but wasn't able to load it in the speech engine settings. Is there a workaround for that?
Thank you

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: A new 2D avataar?

Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Welcome to the Forum,

Our aim is to create realistic avatars and that's one of the reasons we keep updating and improving the graphic engine used by SVA. We never considered GIF image as a 2D Avatar but it would be a great feature to add to the Graphic Engine. Fingers-Crossed.

Cortana and our implementation are 2 different domains. Being the lead architect I have always encouraged the team not to copy other corporate architectures because our system has to be open, customizable and reprogrammable.

Yes, we are working on a Facebook plugin and the rest mentioned by you have been already integrated in some or the other form into the upcoming iteration.

Rainmeter does have a .Net interface so I'll personally have a look at it. Due to its GNU License type (which is a viral license) the integration can only be deployed via a Plugin on Syn Store. The upcoming version will come with an Extended License by default so you'll be able to download the IronMan avatar for free from Syn Store.

Dragon Naturally Speaking was previously supported in version 7 but we removed the support in 8 (due to bugs). We've already announced that in the upcoming version we will try to integrate DNS with SVA. So unfortunately at the moment (in Prototype 8.1) you will not be able to integrate it. There's a possibility of integration if you could hard code a Plugin but I don't recommend doing that.

omi313

Re: A new 2D avataar?

Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:08 am

First of all I would like to say thank you for the reply! :D

It answered a lot of questions that I had swimming in my mind. So I then suddenly a thought of a completely different type of 3D avatar came to my mind, that would look totally awesome on the SVA. Recently I came across this video game/ program and tried it out, its called facerig. It says on the website:
"FaceRig is a program enabling anyone with a webcam to digitally embody any character they want."

What if someone created a 3D head model, (or import the ones from facerig) then tried to lip-sync the SVA to speak like the characters. In short it would be awesome to see your SVA talking to you and tracking your movements, and honestly it would look a bit alive as well. The graphics would be completely amazing (Dreamworks :P )

I'm not even sure if it would be even possible to integrate facerig into SVA, but I just thought I should share the idea, since it would look amazing.
Here is a video showing people having fun with facerig. I heard they are working on hand movements using the kinect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HdfSlTd-QE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFy5B8OC3Tw

Thank You,
SVA fan

Return to “Feature Request and Suggestions”