Nenad

Few suggestions, if I may...

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:41 pm

First of all, this is my first post on this forum and I must apologise to all the forum members for my ignorance in the matter of programming, which will probably produce some stupid questions and perhaps suggestions as well, and eventually for some foul expression, concerning that English is not my native language.

Questions/suggestions:

1.a. Would you consider the idea to create an Android app similar to that of Brainasoft, that enables remote communication with the virtual assistant? I believe you have seen it (I am not sure if posting a link would be ok, so I won`t). In this case the app is simple and uses as a remote microphone/speakers/keyboard, so I believe that it won`t be a problem to be created.

1.b. The more complicated version of the idea above would be to create an option that would enable the assistant to manage a smartphone in a way that it will be installed as an app, but basically it will still be the same "entity", the same assistant we have installed (created/modified) in our pc. Is this possible?

2. Is there a way for the assistant to have an access and execute a task to other computers in the same local network, even it is not installed in them?

3.a. This would be more question than suggestion, because I still can`t figure out by exploring the program: can the bot/assistant, figuratively speaking, "tell the difference" between chatting or receiving command from a botmaster and a "user"? I mean, after adjusting the settings, the program "knows" who am I and who is it`s botmaster, but can`t "realise" that it is ("we are") the same person.

3.b. Depending on the previous, I presume that there is an option to use some face and/or voice recognition program as a plugin, which will enable the program (assistant) to identify the current pc user, thus adjusting the responses and actions (for example: to follow commands if it is me using the computer, but to activate only the chatbot if the user is somebody else, or perhaps to identify a child and activate the parental controls). Can this be achieved?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

JeffersonStack
Pro

Re: Few suggestions, if I may...

Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:53 pm

:D I am going to wait for Leslie to answer these interesting questions.

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:13 pm

@Nenad,

I personally take suggestions seriously because they shape newer iterations of our products. I love the fact that you took time to elaborate on your suggestions. So I am going to address each one of them individually.

1.a One of the reasons we chose to leverage Syn Virtual Assistant on Syn VA Framework was to give the assistant the right abstraction from platform dependency. So an Android app that would interface with the VA shouldn't be hard to develop. We may take a look at it.

1.b Our intention with Syn Virtual Assistant is to ensure the integrity of user privacy so even if we create an App that acts as remote controller for the VA we would still intend to keep it as an interface to the Virtual Assistant. We haven't channeled our resources in creating a mobile app yet because we believe in delivering something new. If its not unique its not worth the time. However, considering the boom in mobile usage it would make sense to develop such an app.

2. Syn Virtual Assistant at its core shelters plugins that add features to it. A plugin can be made to allow the VA to execute tasks on computers connected locally. This shouldn't be hassle at all. At the moment developers could use command line batch files to do so if they don't want to get their hands dirty by hard-coding the feature into a plugin.

3.a Yes the Bot actually knows who it is talking to. This is done by giving each user a unique ID. The Bot and the VA share a common MainUser instance. But when different plugins execute commands via different channels (like Telegram) it is upto the Plugin to decide if it wishes to take commands on a new User context or use the MainUser context. I will have to check with the team to see if we could add an option to set the User on different channels.

3.b In previous versions we did have options for Face recognition that worked flawlessly after little training. I have already started missing the feature so we might develop a plugin to get that feature back.

Nenad

Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:34 pm

Thank you Leslie!

I am still trying to figure out some things, I guess the problem is that I want to learn everything at once. :)
I have to ask additional "dummy" question: How to set the user unique ID you mentioned?

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:14 am

There are multiple ways of doing so but if you aren't a programmer then its not going to be that easy. If you are working in SIML then you don't have to worry about User IDs as the knowledge-base is always evaluated within the Main User's context. A quick look at the messaging plugin's source code in GitHub might help explain how user ID's are used during command execution.

Nenad

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks again. I have been "off" this days, time to continue. :)

For now, aside the "user ID problem" I am facing two additional issues: speech recognition and finding and opening folders by the assistant (it responds with "it is already opened"). I guess I have to "play" with the settings for a while.

JeffersonStack
Pro

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:18 am

If the VA says "it is already opened" then I think the folder name you provided is not added in the settings panel :?

Return to “Feature Request and Suggestions”