Kanak4
Developer

I would like to suggest some features for prototype 7

Thu May 09, 2013 11:44 am

1) Face Detection and Recognition (webcam)
2) help of 3rd party apps to enhance ability such as
a)PandoraBots Interface Integration
B) [dictation mode] Speech Recognition in Dictation Mode with Nuance Dragon
3) weather forecast
4) Computer Searching
5) maps (to show directions with help of google maps)

Please take a look at [Name Removed] in google appstore its much more like jarvis
I know all of them might not be possible..But hope best from you

Thanking in advance
Kanak

Kanak4
Developer

Re: I would like to suggest some features for prototype 7

Thu May 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Revarn have you seen this..?
Kanak

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Thu May 09, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi Kanak,

Yes I have read it. I have to be honest that adding of feature is not that simple. There are 1000s of hardware that the software has to work on and finding a common path to it all has been challenging. And I discourage discussions about how things should be added. As for this version I recommend you to familiarize yourself with Syn Virtual Assistant and its interface because a large portion of its code has a solid foundation and will be reused in future versions.

1. Face Detection ( Not Recognition ) code is already there inside the VideoAction plugin but has not been enabled for this version because we had less time for testing its stability.

2. PandoraBots uses the AIML system for chatting and this is exactly what the ChatBot Plugin uses. More time will be given to enhance the learning of facts by the ChatBot and saving it for future reference.

3. 3rd Party Integration is already being worked upon. Especially Media Players as suggested by Michael.

4. Speech Recognition with Nuance Dragon Dictation mode is already a consideration ( and will work if and only if the User has Nuance Dragon installed in their system )

5. Computer Searching will be added.

6. Maps may take time since it requires API integration and parsing but the good news is Systems Plugin already has a Map function which has been disabled for this version. So you can expect it to be enabled in the coming version.

Also promoting it among developers is another intention ( Tutorials are being made )- So that someday soon other developers will be releasing their own plugins and you could easily avail it to yourself.

The list is already expanding and considering the fact that the next version has to be released within this year. And the larger the list goes the more time will be required. Keeping things simple and achievable is the aim right now.

Thanks for the Suggestion.

And my name is Revarn pronounced as Ray Won ( you have been using Ravarn and I have been editing it haha )

Kanak4
Developer

Thu May 09, 2013 9:13 pm

haha thanks "Revarn" thanks alot I will keep that in mind..
Kanak

MichaeL Davis

Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am

Hey revarn,

I deffinately agree with kanak, with prototype 7 coming out if syn ai was more like [Name Removed] then that would be just awesome. Also i would like to suggest adding better speech recog options. Chrome speech is ok but not reliable and the inbuilt on only allows for chioces already set. I know there is pocket sphinx but i dont even know what that is. Anyway is Syn Ai could be better with speech recog them it would be a whole lot better. The only problem with dragon dict is that it is not free. A free and acurate recog software would totally make the system better

ironman31776

Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 am

I have to agree that I love [Name Removed] and have it on my tablets as well as my desktop for research purposes. However I do see an EXTREMELY great opportunity with Prototype 7 which is why I keep posting so heavily in the forums. My daughters have used other AI assistants to do homework and when I showed them this they absolutely freaked at how awesome it was. I really have faith in the future possibilities of this program. If you can smooth out speech recog and add in some key features you will definitely be on top of the mountain. Add into that the ability to customize avatars so your favorite image or character is speaking to you and you have a complete win.

Sreejith
Help & Support

Fri May 10, 2013 8:05 pm

Name Removed because of rule no 5 in the guildelines section
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment - Ernest Rutherford

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Fri May 10, 2013 11:05 pm

Every suggestion , every opinion is taken seriously.

To be very honest I never thought that an AI Assistant would be released. Syn Virtual Assistant was a project that was to be used as a demonstration of the power of SynEngine. SynEngine was mainly developed with Developers in mind and has proved itself by the way it handled all the plugins. And the intention was to release a product that helped Developer understand how they could use it and extend it for special purpose(s) like home automation.

And I have to mention this - other Assistants are taking advantage of media and I am really reluctant to do the same. I am a researcher and when we were releasing the Virtual Assistant people did give us the opinion of naming it Jarvis Virtual Assistant for windows. That would have been completely awkward especially coz it would reflect a Wannabe attitude and researchers aren't like that. But we did provide enough customization options for those who intended to do just that.

Yes I do understand that some work is to be done in the speech recognition part ( my apologies ) and its not like nothing is being done right now. You might have noticed that Chrome Speech is actually a browser function and that is why the AI Assistant you were talking about runs inside it. There are no desktop API's for it and Chrome Speech for Syn Virtual Assistant is actually something similar to a Hack.

Please take into consideration the fact that - Syn Virtual Assistant is not even a Month old.
As for now you could make your suggestions clear and leave it as such. Like Kanak and Michael_Davis did in their post

Because we see what all is possible and add it to a To-Do list with the name of the member who gave the suggestion. So that we could credit the member for the suggestion/opinion when the commits are made in the release version.

ironman31776

Sat May 11, 2013 12:10 am

I think what you have done is amazing considering that you have done it in a month. I am really looking forward to future work that will be done on this project. Keep up the great work.

Kanak4
Developer

Sat May 11, 2013 10:06 am

Revarn I conpletly agree with you.. Your program is awsumly great. I am working on home ajto mation with help of your program and waiting for prototype 7
Kanak

Return to “Feature Request and Suggestions”