JohnnyOpcode

Pricing/Subscription Confusion

Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:27 pm

Registered a new account to use Oryzer..

I'm very confused about the pricing on the website versus what I can buy/subscribe to in my account there. We want to put our money into this fine product now that development is well under way.

Confused about the deprecation of SIML Classic and Modern. We've built internal scripts to manage them and our workflows. Are we completely headed to only a workspace basis?

Johnny

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: Pricing/Subscription Confusion

Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:08 am

I believe answering your question is important as this may be helpful to future audience.

At the moment, developers can acquire Syn Bot Framework or VA Framework Pro and Enterprise Licenses. The Subscriptions/Products page usually just shows a list of licenses you own. Instead of a Quote system where previously developers would request a quote for licensing a framework, this year we've chosen to have transparent pricing for all license types mentioned right within their accounts.

Because of the new update system for front-end apps like Oryzer or VA Frameworks, the users are required to activate their product upon installation and for that we've decided to let users use their Syn Account credentials.

Coming to SIML Classic and Modern. We haven't had any major update available for SIML Classic for more than 2 years and have chosen to end support for it by the end of 2020. Using SIML Classic is still possible (and totally valid) as we aren't marking any classes as Obsolete to avoid deployment hassles.

The future of SIML Modern is being discussed. We've migrated Syn Bot Studio's SIML Modern editor right into Oryzer Studio so developers can start migrating to Workspace environment. Workspace projects have certain key advantages over SIML (including but not limited to) extremely fast load up, smaller memory footprint and complex sequential programming support.

Having said that, support for SIML Modern is still active however, new features added in Syn Bot Framework 4.5.+ are aligned with Workspace nodes instead of SIML elements or tags.

JohnnyOpcode

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:59 am

Leslie,

So we would like to continue using SIML Classic (due to the technological investment we have made) so thus we need a license there.

Workplace will take some time for us to blend into our architecture, but I take it will need another separate license or subscription?

Only a Pro license is offered in my login and I'm unclear if it covers the Nuget library alone or it's used for the Studio as well.

Johnny

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:50 am

You can indeed continue your development in SIML Classic (as aforementioned we won't be marking it obsolete).

We've realized that in order for Oryzer Studio to completely replace Syn Bot Studio, SIML Classic support atleast as a legacy feature has to be added to it so that older projects can still stay functional and SIML Classic development can be migrated away from Bot Studio.

We are encouraging users (using SIML Modern) to migrate to Workspace (slowly for now) so that their product lines are based on latest/cutting edge technologies that power the field of bots. It's one of the main USPs of our frameworks that we keep them in pace with latest technological trends and research works.

You can, I believe, select between Professional and Enterprise licenses via the drop down menu in the account.

For teams, we recommends Enterprise licensing as we are able to connect with them and guide them with their development with proper support. Also Enterprise license keys internally unlocks parallel processing features that enables derivative apps to scale as per requirements.

Licensing currently is for the Framework only. Licensed framework may enable you to deal swiftly with large projects when importing a Knowledge-base but has no major effect on the development environment (in your case - Bot Studio).

You will not be required to re-license to use SIML Modern or Workspace projects via Oscova Bot as all of them (Including SIML Classic Bot) are part of the same framework (Syn Bot Framework). A single license key activates them all.

Return to “General Discussion”