Techbot
Pro

Code works some of the time

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 am

I've run into this issue one other time so far. I just deleted the code and went on without it. For some reason, this code won't give me the "More Info" response. It will answer me just fine, but won't go beyond that. I actually have this exact code WORKING elsewhere in another file, so I'm really lost as to why this won't work :(

Code: Select all

<Model>
  <Pattern>
    <Item>WHAT IS A 555 TIMER</Item>
  </Pattern>
  <Response>The 555 timer IC is an integrated circuit chip used in a variety of timer, pulse generation, and oscillator applications. The 555 can be used to provide time delays, as an oscillator, and as a flip-flop element. Derivatives provide up to four timing circuits in one package.</Response>
</Model>
<Model>
  <Pattern>
    <Item>MORE INFO</Item>
    <Item>EXPAND INFO</Item>
    <Item>TELL ME MORE</Item>
  </Pattern>
  <Previous>The 555 timer IC is an integrated circuit</Previous>
  <Response>Introduced in 1971 by American company Signetics, the 555 is still in widespread use due to its ease of use, low price, and stability. It is now made by many companies in the original bipolar and also in low-power CMOS types. As of 2003, it was estimated that 1 billion units are manufactured every year</Response>
</Model>

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: Code works some of the time

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:25 am

The <Previous> element encapsulates the last sentence of the previous response ( Not the entire previous utterance ) and there's a deep reason behind this behavior.

Anyways, considering your first Model the last sentence is "Derivatives provide up to four timing circuits in one package.

To make the code work just replace The 555 timer IC is an integrated circuit with Derivatives provide up to four timing circuits in one package

SIML Code

<Model>
  <Pattern>
    <Item>MORE INFO</Item>
    <Item>EXPAND INFO</Item>
    <Item>TELL ME MORE</Item>
  </Pattern>
  <Previous>Derivatives provide up to four timing circuits in one package</Previous>
  <Response>Introduced in 1971 by American company ......</Response>
</Model>

Techbot
Pro

Re: Code works some of the time

Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:34 am

Ahhh! The last sentence! OK that makes total sense why the other instance didn't work. It was multiple sentences too :) Awesome & thanks!

Return to “General Discussion”