rich kopelow
V.I.P

Can I activate two or more private concepts at once?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am

I would like to <User Set="Concept">this, that</User> to set both private concepts "this" and "that" to be active together.
I have tried several versions without success.

Thanks,
Rich.

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Can I activate two or more private concepts at once?

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:01 pm

I am not sure if 2 concepts with different names can be specified using the reserved Concept variable :? . But you could first set one Concept name and use a wildcard * Model in the first Concept to redirect to the 2nd Concept of your choice if no matches are found.

rich kopelow
V.I.P

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:27 am

How would one redirect to a different concept? (I could change the concept, but I expect that would only apply to the next chat and it would lose the original concept.)

My hope is to avoid reproducing general banter in each specialized topic.

Thanks.

Fantom
Help & Support

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 pm

I usually use a wildcard in one private concept to migrate to another.

SIML Code

<Siml xmlns:Think="http://syn.co.in/2014/siml#think">
  <Concept Name="First-Concept" Type="Private">
    <Model>
      <Pattern>SOME PATTERN</Pattern>
      <Response>
        Some Response
      </Response>
    </Model>

<Model>
      <Pattern>*</Pattern>
      <Response>
        <User Set="Concept">Second-Concept</User>
        <GotoMatch />
      </Response>
    </Model>
  </Concept>
</Siml>

rich kopelow
V.I.P

Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:47 pm

In this case, the "First-Concept" is lost. Thanks for the information, but I believe that multiple (or cascading) concepts is not really the answer that's going to work for me. I think that I'll need to do something along the lines of creating a main public concept with as much of the "general banter" as possible and having the specific stuff in private concepts that get flipped on when appropriate.

My issue with this (that I probably just need more experience to do well) is that clearly there may be many times that someone would say "yes". This needs to be handled by many different cases based on what the current question is. Of course I could use <Previous> but if I ask a question and the user says something I didn't expect and the standard "no response" kicks in, this appears to clear previous. So my context is basically lost. I may need to use Concept for a section of dialog and use some other variable to control Last Y/N Question, just like someone might use a pronoun variable to keep track of what "he" refers to.

Return to “General Discussion”