stevie

Usage of @Sys.text with "in" not working [SOLVED]

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:57 am

When i ty to use @Sys.text with "in", it always concatenate "in" with my input value. see sample usage below
for eg: if i type "Steve who works in Finance" , it always return "in Finance" as string. How do i trim "in"?

CSharp Code

[Expression("Find @DisplayName who works in @sys.text:DepartmentName")]      
        public void FindEmployeeByDivDept(Context context, Result result)
        {

// for eg: if i type "Steve who works in Finance" , it always return "in Finance" as string. How do i trim "in"?

}

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: Usage of @Sys.text with "in" not working

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:48 am

This behavior is expected in certain request types as @sys.text uses character level parsing. This is one of the many reasons why we recommend creating entity types wherever possible.

Does the behavior persist if you use "Search for DISPLAY_NAME who works in DEPARTMENT_NAME" ?

Current solution would be to check if the entity value starts with in and if so then trim the value or you could create a custom entity recognizer for different department names. Having said that, I will mark this behavior as bug for your convenience so the team can patch this up as part of our 72 hours bug patch policy . So please continue your development and check back for a patch in 72 hours in NuGet.

stevie

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:00 am

Thanks Leslie for your quick support. that worked for me.
Do you have any known issues list online for reference?

Sreejith
Help & Support

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:40 pm

sorry there is no known issues page bcoz all reported issues are fixed in 72 hrs...we have already received this n are working on it...
If your experiment needs statistics, you ought to have done a better experiment - Ernest Rutherford

stevie

Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:29 pm

Thanks Sreejith.

Do you have any "CARD" concept? like Microsoft adaptive card http://adaptivecards.io/ or is it possible to use same in oscova. I never tried cards but today when i happen to see i thought of trying in Oscova.

some sample usage here
http://adaptivecards.io/samples/

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:55 am

The sole purpose of OSCOVA is to understand the semantics and syntactics of Human Natural Language. It has nothing to do with how the front-end application UI generates or displays responses.

Adaptive cards are nothing but a way to display content across devices so I would consider that something to be handled by the bot developer. However, you may have a look at Syn Bot Channels framework which is a add-on freely available framework for Syn Bot developers to deploy their bots across multiple channels.

Lastly, I would like to add that a new patch for Syn.Bot framework v2.9.5 is released and hopefully it fixes the behavior aforementioned.

stevie

Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:37 pm

Hi Leslie,

Thanks for the information and update. I have installed the updates.its working perfectly.

Cheers!

Return to “Report Bugs and Issues”