Note: This update will reset most ( if not all ) settings to default values.
Extract the file and use Tools ( available in Settings Panel ) to install the Package.
Download Update 8.1
Prototype 8.1 Update is available in Syn Store and will Fix/Add the following.
- Support for UK Speech Recognizer - By default the In-built speech recognizer was designed for English US systems but now English UK (en-GB) will be supported. The Engine will automatically detect the Computer's Regional Language and adjust the Speech Recognizer settings.
- Selection for Voice Speed - Previously users had to manually set the Windows Speech Synthesis from Windows Control Panel. This option will directly be available on Speech Settings Page
- Speech Volume Control - Using Speech Settings you will now be able to set the Volume for Speech Synthesis
- Performance Plugin - As SVA might be used by Companies as a Kiosk Help Desk - On a long run its important that memory consumption is kept under control and the Performance Plugin will do just that.
- Astrology Alerts have been added to News Plugin - Giving you the option to be notified if new Horoscope Data is available.
- Weather Plugin with 2 Units Of Temperature - As per feature request Weather plugin will now have Fahrenheit and Celsius.
- Drag and Drop feature - Just Drag and Drop text on the Input box of SVA and it will read it for you.
- New Answer Me Plugin - Just say "Answer me is Windows better than Linux" and if an answer to this question exists then you will be presented with it on your screen.
- Pause and Resume Speech - Users can now just say "Pause speech" and the speech will be paused temporarily.
- Auto Wallpaper Shuffle - Will automatically change desktop wallpaper for you.
- All Users - Will now have their own safe and simple YouTube Downloader. Users can even drag and drop a YouTube link to the input box and the Downloader will be launched immediately.
- Force Culture Adaptation - Adds extended support for OS integration. This option in the Engine Settings page should be left ON if you are in UK or Australia. This option will also affect the In-Built Speech recognizer and its functionalities.
- Detailed Settings File - To help support language translation a lot of textual data that were previously stored inside the Plugin Assemblies will now be stored inside the XML Settings File instead.
- Well Formed Settings File - In order to support multi-language translations Syn Engine uses Unicode. This led to settings files without proper indentation. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed Disable/Enable Speech - The functionality was working fine since Prototype 6 but was bugged in Prototype 8.0. The bug is now fixed.
- Top Dock Mode - Fixed height for Top Dock Mode. Top Dock Mode will no longer extend its Window beyond the primary monitor.
- Custom Dock Mode will now offer re-sizing so that you can select the Width and the Height of the Avatar Window will be adjusted automatically to fit your screen.
- Minor Bug Fixes - Some bugs that aren't visible to the Users but interfere with the Engine functionality have been fixed.
- New Translator Plugin - Current Translator Plugin is supposedly not functioning due to incompatible changes made by the service provider hence we have created a New Translator Plugin. The translator will now automatically copy the translated text to your Clipboard.
- Option to Close on Video Greet - Fixed bug that kept the Face Detector window open even when the camera wasn't connected and an option to close the Window on Video Greet has been added.
- Extended Engine Grammar - This improvement is for developers using Syn Engine.
- Syn Developer Center - We wanted to group together all the tutorials and guides for developers under a single shelter and thats why Syn Dev Center will be launched in a couple of days as well.
- Demo Application - Source Code of Applications demonstrating some of the core features of Syn Engine will be available for download.
- Free Version License Download - All Developers related downloads include Free Version License will be moved to Syn Developer Center.
All Future Plugins will require 8.1 Update to be installed by default.
At Syn we never take rest and we are committed to provide you the best product possible.