Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Update 8.1

Fri May 16, 2014 7:39 pm

Please download the Update and let us know ( by making a post in this section ) if its stable. By Stable we mean that no additional errors are generated once the update is installed.

Note: This update will reset most ( if not all ) settings to default values.

Extract the file and use Tools ( available in Settings Panel ) to install the Package.

Download Update 8.1

Prototype 8.1 Update is available in Syn Store and will Fix/Add the following.

For Users
  • Support for UK Speech Recognizer - By default the In-built speech recognizer was designed for English US systems but now English UK (en-GB) will be supported. The Engine will automatically detect the Computer's Regional Language and adjust the Speech Recognizer settings.
  • Selection for Voice Speed - Previously users had to manually set the Windows Speech Synthesis from Windows Control Panel. This option will directly be available on Speech Settings Page
  • Speech Volume Control - Using Speech Settings you will now be able to set the Volume for Speech Synthesis
  • Performance Plugin - As SVA might be used by Companies as a Kiosk Help Desk - On a long run its important that memory consumption is kept under control and the Performance Plugin will do just that.
  • Astrology Alerts have been added to News Plugin - Giving you the option to be notified if new Horoscope Data is available.
  • Weather Plugin with 2 Units Of Temperature - As per feature request Weather plugin will now have Fahrenheit and Celsius.
  • Drag and Drop feature - Just Drag and Drop text on the Input box of SVA and it will read it for you.
  • New Answer Me Plugin - Just say "Answer me is Windows better than Linux" and if an answer to this question exists then you will be presented with it on your screen.
  • Pause and Resume Speech - Users can now just say "Pause speech" and the speech will be paused temporarily.
  • Auto Wallpaper Shuffle - Will automatically change desktop wallpaper for you.
  • All Users - Will now have their own safe and simple YouTube Downloader. Users can even drag and drop a YouTube link to the input box and the Downloader will be launched immediately.
  • Force Culture Adaptation - Adds extended support for OS integration. This option in the Engine Settings page should be left ON if you are in UK or Australia. This option will also affect the In-Built Speech recognizer and its functionalities.
  • Detailed Settings File - To help support language translation a lot of textual data that were previously stored inside the Plugin Assemblies will now be stored inside the XML Settings File instead.
  • Well Formed Settings File - In order to support multi-language translations Syn Engine uses Unicode. This led to settings files without proper indentation. This has now been fixed.
  • Fixed Disable/Enable Speech - The functionality was working fine since Prototype 6 but was bugged in Prototype 8.0. The bug is now fixed.
  • Top Dock Mode - Fixed height for Top Dock Mode. Top Dock Mode will no longer extend its Window beyond the primary monitor.
  • Custom Dock Mode will now offer re-sizing so that you can select the Width and the Height of the Avatar Window will be adjusted automatically to fit your screen.
  • Minor Bug Fixes - Some bugs that aren't visible to the Users but interfere with the Engine functionality have been fixed.
  • New Translator Plugin - Current Translator Plugin is supposedly not functioning due to incompatible changes made by the service provider hence we have created a New Translator Plugin. The translator will now automatically copy the translated text to your Clipboard.
  • Option to Close on Video Greet - Fixed bug that kept the Face Detector window open even when the camera wasn't connected and an option to close the Window on Video Greet has been added.
For Developers
  • Extended Engine Grammar - This improvement is for developers using Syn Engine.
  • Syn Developer Center - We wanted to group together all the tutorials and guides for developers under a single shelter and thats why Syn Dev Center will be launched in a couple of days as well.
  • Demo Application - Source Code of Applications demonstrating some of the core features of Syn Engine will be available for download.
  • Free Version License Download - All Developers related downloads include Free Version License will be moved to Syn Developer Center.
Moreover no Engine functionalities have been removed or renamed thus this Update should not affect Plugins downloaded from Syn Store that were designed for Prototype 8.0.

All Future Plugins will require 8.1 Update to be installed by default.

At Syn we never take rest and we are committed to provide you the best product possible.

aimull
Pro

Re: Upcoming Update 8.1

Sat May 17, 2014 6:38 am

That sounds great & im looking forward to it (like for every update^^)...
and it even doesnt' look that minor at all :D

Keep up the fantastic work dudes :)

denisotugo

Re: Update 8.1

Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

thanks revarn

francescoc89

Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:00 pm

Reffering to:
"Custom Dock Mode will now offer re-sizing so that you can select the Width and the Height of the Avatar Window will be set automatically"

I'm having problem with this function, the only possibility to resize that I can find is in Avatar Settings where I can set a number between 800 and 944 (can't expand this range?).
But no possibility to resize directly clicking on some corner of the syn window...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Great work with 8.1 anyway! Keep up with this wonderful virtual assistant!

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:05 pm

I am sorry - I should have elaborated the "Width/Height" concept a bit there. Thank you for bringing it to my attention- I have edited the Post.

There is a simple math involved behind the range and a reason behind the math itself.

The Width and the Height of the Avatar Window use an internal constant value of 1.230769230769231 which is converted to an integer value upon division to create the perfect Width-Height ratio.

Lets call this constant X

This is how it works -> if you set the Width of the avatar to (say) 800 pixels then the Engine will set the Height to an integer value of ( 800 / X ) which gives us approximately 650 pixels. And this Window size of 800x650 pixels is the perfect ratio required to contain the Face of the 3D model being rendered. Like wise if you select a Width of 850 pixels the Engine will re-size the Height to 690 Pixels to accommodate the 3D model.

Coming to why you can't expand beyond 944 Pixels?. Again some simple Math -> at 944 Pixel Width, the Height of the Avatar will be = 767 Pixels approx.

767 Pixel which ( I am assuming here ) is the Height of your screen resolution minus the Height of your Windows Taskbar. So any Width beyond 944 Pixels will give us a Height of value beyond 767 Pixels which in-turn implies that part of the Avatar Window will not be visible to the user and that's the reason why the restriction applies.

The option of re-sizing the Avatar Window using mouse is already under consideration. The reason that it doesn't is because there are some performance and memory constraints that have to be considered. Which I am sure will be addressed soon.

Pardon me for this bloated answer to such a simple question.
But I hope I have clarified as to whats going on internally and why some restrictions apply.

francescoc89

Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:28 am

No no, I appreciate your explanation! It was really useful to understand ;)
Your guess about the height of my screen was right!

About the resizing... maybe you can consider to let the user go under 800 if they are using 2D avatar (like I'm doing :roll: )
I must say that I will find more discreet if the avatar could be of little dimension.
(Don't know if I have explained well what I mean, I hope so)

Anyway thanks for being so kind and so exhaustive!

NijoJob

Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm

I still have problem with translation. It says "I'm not a translator. Why don't you ask Babelfish?".

NijoJob

Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 pm

I don't know why but when I ask to play media it asks whether it is a instrument or game.
Also no songs or videos are loaded in settings panel

Fantom
Help & Support

Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:58 am

Most of the plugins of Prototype 8.1 have not been updated for nearly an year as support for Prototype 8.1 has been retired. We are now working on a new version which will be released in a couple of months.

NijoJob

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:13 am

Ok thanks
Waiting for the new version

Return to “General Discussion”