JohnnyMccrum

Issues with Prototype 8.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:14 am

Hey, I've been having difficulty using Prototype 8.

Does prototype 8 support transparency? If so how do I access the transparency features (In release 7 I just had a transparent background)

How do I add my custom voice to Prototype 8? I've purchased a voice I want to use and I don't know how to add it with this new system.

Thanks.

JohnnyMccrum

Re: Issues with Prototype 8.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:18 am

Hey, maybe I was a little rude here.
Last edited by JohnnyMccrum on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

aimull
Pro

Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:00 am

I actually only respond to your question cause it also may help others...
JohnnyMccrum wrote: How do I add my custom voice to Prototype 8? I've purchased a voice I want to use and I don't know how to add it with this new system.
SVA may use any TTS voice installed on your system. Be sure the voice is properly installed and shows up in the windows tts-options-panel.
If so, you should be able to select it in SVA in settings -> speech settings panel -> select voice -> restart SVA...done!
Last edited by aimull on Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

aimull
Pro

Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:01 am

Actually, Multi-Monitor support & themes weren't available at all back in v7....the graphic-engine is also a completely new one now & so is its function for transparency. Users got somethin new and improved, you even got expressions now 'n stuff...and you still get all this for free, also like many additional stuff from the syn store and more and more is coming up.
Some features are used to reward the team-members and people who really support the project and/or contribute to it.
The project isn't there to make money or you already would have had to pay, you still get all this for free!
You can't forget time, running costs (webspace for example) and investments going into such a project. & nevertheless you still get so much for free!

Edited a bit .
Last edited by aimull on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fantom
Help & Support

Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:49 pm

I do not want to be rude to anyone. I do understand that the slight shift to commercial services may not make certain users happy. But this was totally done for the sake of keeping the project on track. There are a lot of future works pending and all that for protecting AI from becoming monopolies of Corporates.

I agree with aimull when you mentioned that some of the features were not even available in P7 and P8 is a new architecture. Everything was re-written from scratch. If we would have just upgraded it instead of writing from scratch it wouldn't even take a month or so but Revarn/Leslie decided to restart the core so that future technologies will be supported. Not many people know that when the Team said to Leslie that he would have made $70,000 or more, in less than 8 months, if he sold the product for just $1. Yes we were trying to convince Leslie in making SVA a commercial product. But after all that we said Leslie replied "Its not about the money" and I am glad that aimull pointed out that too. So its not that we are trying to make Money out OF our Project instead we are trying to create it FOR the project.

6 Years ago when Leslie told me that he was going to create an Engine that will power a Virtual Assistant with a Plug-in interface and will be distributed to the people for Free. I thought he was joking. But when he first showed us a Copy of a working Prototype that had a 3D avatar with a glowing Dark blue face. We were surprised how much work he had done in such a short period of time. That is how he gathered our trust and since then SVA is a public project.

Lately, when we were discussing with him we realized that the future road-map for SVA involves better technology integration and language support. Which will obviously require support from its users but we will also try to compensate for it by deploying Licenses to Commercial Establishments and using them to provide a better product for Free.

@Johnny
I hope you understand what I mean to say here. I have nothing personal against the post you made.

JohnnyMccrum

Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:49 am

Yeah, I understand I guess, I'll be purchasing a license for the project, was just a little annoyed that this was the case earlier, but it seems you guys really do care about the project and want to deliver as good a product as you can, and that's admirable.

So yeah, I'll donate.

I appreciate your work and I do truly like your product.

aimull
Pro

Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:50 pm

I also may have been a bit rude ;)
But thx for understanding, Johnny.

Return to “General Discussion”