Techbot
Pro

Did my Syn Assistant learn?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:28 am

Well this was interesting. I dropped a Verbot 5 file called "Teacher_learn_default" into my Syn/Context/Chatbos/Verbot folder. Usually, this file lets me tell my Verbot something, it writes to a file called "LearnedKnowledge" and it's saved. I loaded the file into Syn Assistant, told it to remember a friends daughter and I got this notification. Did it really write this somewhere? Does that mean it saved this info in a file?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (12.43 KiB) Viewed 2422 times

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: Did my Syn Assistant learn?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:01 pm

As far as I can recall I don't remember allowing Verbot plugin with any disk-write functionality due to privacy concerns as we unlike other VAs by corporates do not send critical data to cloud servers.

Even if Verbot did learn the caveat would be that it's all in your System Memory (RAM) in bits and bytes (assuming no knowledge files have been written to disk) and would probably get discarded once the VA is restarted.

Lately I've been seeing a lot of interest in users to extend the knowledge base. But unfortunately the Verbot plugin/code used by Syn Virtual Assistant 8+ is half a decade old. As my job was to integrate other technologies (including Verbot) into Syn Engine (which will be a part of SIML soon) I am unaware of the behavior of this Plugin. If you really wish to extend or create an extensive knowledge base I would rather encourage you to try SIML using Chatbot Studio. As the next iteration is going to make extensive use of SIML interpreter (which recently passed our 2 months continuous online interaction test). We ourselves are writing the knowledge base for the next iteration of SVA using SIML. To reflect our transparency the entire knowledge base of SVA will open source giving you total control over how/why/when and what type of responses are generated.

Techbot
Pro

Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Thanks for the info. I've been plugging away at my SIML Chatbot Studio and loving it, I was just wondering if all my other knowledge bases could be somehow integrated. From what you've told me, SIML is the next big wave so I'll just work on converting these old files over by hand :)

sample112

Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:29 am

I just wanted to ask the similar Q when I've saw this thread.

So... my question would be if I could order the assistant by voice to add or change some response or to change the action the assistant would made when she would be ordered.

But now I see you've said that the assistant can't learn?!?!? Well that was a HUGE WTF for me, cause that means this prog is not ivn Artificial intelligence, cause that means that the prog have auto ability to learn stuff and to learn behaviour. If the assistant is not able to learn new stuff, then it's just a read from file bot.

Return to “General Discussion”