jamesAtSunGardPS

Download location

Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:24 am

Just getting started, so sorry for newbie question:

I found the http://forum.syn.co.in/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1590 about creating a Plugin, but it says to reference the Syn.Engine.dll from Syn Assistant. But I can't seem to find anywhere to download that product. I understand 8.1 support ended and 8.5 is out Real Soon, but what do I do in the meantime?

To be specific, I have the "8.1 Update" download, but the links to Download from http://www.syn.co.in/Syn-Virtual-Assistant.aspx aren't functional. CNET has no download link and Softpedia gives a 404.

Edit: I should add: I'm trying to a create plug-in for use in Chatbot Studio 1.51 and that Chatbot Demo C# app.

Thanks,
James

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Download location

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:00 am

In order to give every developer access to latest research work and technologies in the field of Artificial Intelligence. Syn.Engine is supposed to be merged with Syn.Bot (NuGet Package).

The Lead Architect, Leslie Timmy requested all portals to stop distributing the unsupported Syn Virtual Assistant version till the new Prototype is out hence CNET and Softpedia will not be able to redistribute the Package until they get the permission from the Lead Architect.

Unlike any existing Digital Assistant, all Plugins, adapters and the entire SIML Knowledge base will supposedly be open-sourced as part of our commitment to deliver the best Digital Assistant when it comes to privacy.

Any to all Adapters and Plugins created using Syn.Bot (SIML Interpreter) will work seamlessly with the upcoming version of Syn Virtual Assistant. Moreover you will be able to edit and customize absolutely every aspect of the Digital Assistant therefore you will also be able to develop your own Custom Digital Assistant by creating your own SIML Knowledge-Base. So if you are working in Bot Studio you can be sure that every second you spend will be worthed. There's no compromise in the upcoming version.

I apologize and I do understand that it is taking time but in the upcoming months it is going to be all worthed once Syn Virtual Assistant 8.5 is publicly available.

jamesAtSunGardPS

Re: Download location

Tue May 03, 2016 4:14 am

Thanks. I was able to find the Engine DLL under some other download and that is working for now. I'll try the Syn.Bot Adapter interface next.

Return to “General Discussion”