Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Prototype 8.0 patched for Windows 8.1

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:53 pm

After the release of Prototype 8.0 we enabled ( temporarily ) Syn Group Chat to discuss any issues the users had while running SVA.

After hours of discussion, we got to know that Windows 8.1 64Bit versions had licensing and execution errors - With the help of Supporters ( Steve , Samir , Nishal ) - we kept trying different patches one by one till we got to know that an internal CultureInfo was interpreted incorrectly ( 2/25/2016 being interpreted as the 2nd of the 25th month! ). We immediately patched the code and again uploaded a patched version as our default download link.

SVA should run properly on Windows 8.1 64Bit versions from now on.

Thanks to Steve from Australia , Samir from Belgium and Nishal from India and Syn Team members ( Mimi and Ezio )

Loot

Re: Prototype 8.0 patched for Windows 8.1

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi there

I downloaded Prototype 8.0 patched for Windows 8.1 and so far it is running great - thanks so much. :D

Kind Regards
Loot
Have Fun
Loot

shadow

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 pm

Hello I am in love with this amazing software, the only problem is that I am using windows vista, could you possibly create the ability for vista support? I truly love this program but I love my windows vista as well and would like to avoid switching over to seven. If you could give me instructions on how to make this work with vista that would be most amazing of you. the last comment I have is using c.net as a download source, this website has been known to drop viruses from time to time and having to use yet another download manager program is not a great idea. could you post a link to the down load exe from within the forums or via e.mail option? Thank you again for this wonderful companion.

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:27 pm

I am unsure if SVA will run on Windows Vista. But I don't think its impossible as Windows 7 and Vista share somewhat similar Kernels.

To run SVA on Vista you may need the following.
And about CNET well, from the day SVA was released ( Prototype 6.0 ) onwards I have been receiving emails from CNET, FileCluster and Softpedia to allow them to re-distribute the software. I go with CNET as they provide a Direct Download Link and thoroughly test the application in their laboratories which is essential.

Direct Download Link

yagyakd

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 pm

hi there

i just installed prototype 8.0 from the ofiicial site www.syn.co.in on windows 8.1 .
after installation i opened the exe but nothing happened except the administrator permission dialog opened and i selected yes for that too.
now if i open the exe again it shows that " only a single instance of syn virtual assistant can be launched".
i would be very grateful if you could just help me fix this because i am already impressed by its possibilities and i am dying to use it

yagyak

Fantom
Help & Support

Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:29 pm

The message only a single instance of syn virtual assistant can be launched means that in the background SVA has already started.

Use windows Task Manager and close the Process "Syn Virtual Assistant.exe" and retry launching SVA. If you see the process in Windows Task Manager wait for a minute or less for it to be completely loaded. If the problem persist go the installation directory and see if theres a file called "SynEngine.log" if its there then open it and check if any errors have been logged.

If you can't interpret the logging details just Zip it and attach it in your next post so that a developer can check as to whats wrong.

yagyakd

Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:45 pm

thanks for your help it started working after i did a pc reboot though i still cant see my avatar and the speech recognition is sometimes unresponsive other than that prototype 8.0 is awesome

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:48 pm

Avatar not being displayed is a known bug on Non-English Windows OS - Click Here to know more. SVA was designed for English-US based Windows OS.

Though I am unsure ( just maybe) if you re-install the application to a different directory say "C:\Syn Virtual Assistant" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Virtual Assistant". You might start seeing the avatar. This is just an assumption.

aimull
Pro

Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:59 am

REVARN wrote:Though I am unsure ( just maybe) if you re-install the application to a different directory say "C:\Syn Virtual Assistant" instead of "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Virtual Assistant". You might start seeing the avatar. This is just an assumption.
I just tried that possibility... without any effects.
So for now peoples just have to stick to an english date-format like before... survivable :D

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:24 am

auch...

This means that I finally have to test the Engine in a Non-English environment.

I will probably get a license for a German Windows OS version to fix this bug.
Hopefully this will be fixed with an Update.

Thanks for letting me know Mull.

Return to “Announcements”