Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Email Notifications from Our end

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:27 pm

From the day we've launched the forum a number of spam-bots have tried to whack the forum. It was really a pain in the arse to get rid of em but we did that by using a number of anti-spambot measures like asking users to select a Color and to re-arrange some images to make sense outta it.

However the damage was done by these spam-bots as they tried to register to the forum (millions of times) and spammed our email systems. They got some of our accounts removed from the white-list of RBL. As a result of which we now send email notifications using an extremely secure - external SMTP server. However we've also attached an unsubscribe option to these emails to allow them to reach your email accounts.

The point is...If you unsubscribe from any of the emails sent by us your email id will automatically be ignored in its entirety and you'll receive no notifications/emails what so ever from our end. So please re-think before you unsubscribe from our email systems.

I do understand the inconvenience caused by this but for the meantime we have no other option. However we are working on the issue and trying to fix things up.

Techbot
Pro

Re: Email Notifications from Our end

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:15 am

I feel ya. Damn spam bots have attacked a few sites of mine too.

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Email Notifications from Our end

Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:21 am

hate spam bots :evil:

Return to “Announcements”