Rim007

SIML paper

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello :)

I'm developing a virtual reality program with an included SIML chatbot for my bachelor thesis. Do you know where I can find a paper or a scientific publication about SIML (not just the documentation)? I've searched a few times but unfortunately I haven't find something.

Best regards from Germany
Richard

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: SIML paper

Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:44 am

Hi Richard,

SIML Bot originally was designed to deal with different permutations of user inputs that pointed towards user intentions by establishing a pattern based decision tree but over the course of time it has taken the shape of an interface for bot knowledge representation (SIML Modern) in OSCOVA.

The framework is now being used by dozens of corporate entities to build solutions without heavy dependencies on cloud subscriptions. Being an enterprise implementation more focus has been kept on Framework development rather than scientific papers as the entire specification is governed by a team of researchers working on the Syn Bot Framework.

Being one of the lead designer and researcher behind SIML language specification I did personally publish some technical information a couple of years ago in my blog but unfortunately, due to multiple migrations, I couldn't keep static copies of them.

So, at the moment you may do well in just outlining the language specification from your point of view giving it a personal touch of your understanding.

I did help a couple of PhD students in writing their thesis in regards with SIML but I refrained from getting involved too much due to my time limitations. If you have already pulled out something on your own and would require my approval or insights I would be glad to help you out.

Regards

JohnnyOpcode

Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:09 pm

Bravo to the SIML architects for such a rich framework. I do agree that deeper examples would help, but I accept that most coders hate extensive documentation creation (I'm one of them). I'll just have to dig deeply into whatever information I can find.

Rim007

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:05 pm

Thanks Leslie!
Last edited by Rim007 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim007

Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:06 pm

Yes. I really like SIML. I've developed AIML chatbot for three years..but SIML is much better than AIML. I've found SIML by accident and now I don't want to use another chatbot language anymore :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”