stefeman

Any way to hide the huge avatar window and only use chat?

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 am

as title says, the huge window is somewhat clunky to have open..

And when i have no avatar, is there any way to just hide 80% of that window and have only the bottom visible where i could type/speak commands and have replies from the bot?

Fantom
Help & Support

Re: Any way to hide the huge avatar window and only use chat

Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:11 pm

go to Settings Panel and click on Avatar Settings and under Docking select "TOP". Press "commit and restart" and restart your Virtual Assistant.

Techbot
Pro

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:41 pm

That's the way to do it. Shame there isn't a way to resize the avatar and window though. I like the 3D avatar, but the window is just HUGE when you're working on a laptop

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm

For me it isn't a shame its instead a restriction of the Graphic Engine which couldn't be overlooked. Resizing the window would resize the Avatar Panel ( the area where your Avatar is being rendered ) which in-turn causes the Camera pointing towards the avatar and other elements to slightly shift outside the View-Port.

We've already got ourselves a new polished Graphic Engine for the next iteration which can be resized just like a normal window and the avatar would stay intact. You can change the avatar, background image and the avatar mode without restarting the Assistant.

Moreover the phase has begun... we are now re-writing every plugin used in P8.1 from scratch for the next iteration.

Techbot
Pro

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:11 am

Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

stefeman

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:28 am

I'm bumping this thread again. Is there any way to hide the avatar or dock the assistant on top so that only the text area is visible?

I don't see any options in settings for this :C

Thank you in advance.

TheJervid

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:28 am

Good evening!

I just fired up mine so I can give exact instructions:
Click the gear icon (bottom right) when you open it up. That'll bring you to the Settings Panel. On the left side of the Settings Panel, click on the second option from the top: Display Mode. From there, there's a drop down menu on the right side labeled "display modes". Sounds like you're looking for either Right or Left dock. Once you select the option you'd like in the drop down menu, click the 'Save and Restart' button and there ya go!

Hope you're having as much fun with this program as I am :)
Dave

Return to “General Discussion”