sychris9

syn bot studio 1.54 crash at open [SOLVED]

Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:54 pm

Syb Bot Studio 1.54 fails to open, instead immediately crashes.
This occurred after upgrading from 1.53? I think.

Edit: After completely removing all versions of syn bot studio as well as the directory (not sure if removing the directory was needed but there were a number of files remaining in there.) and reinstalling 1.54 the issue seems to be corrected and running correctly.

I'm running win 7.

Opening for debugging in VS 2015 gives the following error:
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException was unhandled
Message: An unhandled exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll
Additional information: No matching constructor found on type 'Syn.Bot.Studio.ViewModel.StudioSession'. You can use the Arguments or FactoryMethod directives to construct this type.

Just incase its useful the debugging output.

Code: Select all

'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: DefaultDomain): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn Bot Studio.exe'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_64\PresentationCore\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationCore.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xaml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xaml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\MahApps.Metro.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework.Aero\v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.Aero.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn.Feed.Controls.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'GraphX.WPF.Controls'. Module was built without symbols.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'GraphX.PCL.Common'. Module was built without symbols.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\QuickGraph.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\De.TorstenMandelkow.MetroChart.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn.Utility.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn.Log.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Runtime.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'Prism'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.ObjectModel\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.ObjectModel.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn.Bot.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\Syn.Bot.Utility.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml.Linq\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.Linq.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Syn Bot Studio\ICSharpCode.AvalonEdit.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Collections\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Collections.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Threading.Tasks\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Threading.Tasks.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
'Syn Bot Studio.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Syn Bot Studio.exe): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Threading\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Threading.dll'. Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
[7:17 AM] [MainWindow] Unhandled Exception -> No matching constructor found on type 'Syn.Bot.Studio.ViewModel.StudioSession'. You can use the Arguments or FactoryMethod directives to construct this type.->   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at Syn.Bot.Studio.App.Main()
The program '[30480] Syn Bot Studio.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: syn bot studio 1.54 crash at open

Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:37 pm

I appreciate you taking the effort to copy the debug info. Yes, It indeed helps us a lot.

In version 1.54, Bot Studio embeds all (except 2) required libraries instead of scattering them on the file system. From the debug info, its pretty clear that Bot Studio attempted to load the libraries from its directory instead of looking at its embedded resources.

We'll try to ensure this conflict doesn't happen from next version onward.

Edit: (21st October 2016)

The next iteration will automatically uninstall any existing copy of Syn Bot Studio in the installation directory.

Return to “Report Bugs and Issues”