knight2000

Speech recognition

Tue May 16, 2017 10:06 am

Hi all, I'm a newbee here. I just started using syn bot and have a question. Can we not use voice recognition to have a conversation with syn bot? It seems as if the bot only understands the commands i speak but if i want to have a basic conversion with it, i have to type it. I really hope im missing something.

Thanks.

JeffersonStack
Pro

Re: Speech recognition

Tue May 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum :D

I woulda wished the same but as far as I know the VA only gets speech for commands that are pre-stored. Ima on Windows 10 and the only thing thats keeping my hopes up is the roadmap that shows upcoming support for Desktop ASR. ;)

knight2000

Tue May 16, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks for the reply FreakShow! I guess i'll be sticking with Ultra Hal then, its a shame because the response time is lightening fast. How do they build this without speech recognition... If they want this product to take off it needs to have that for sure.

JeffersonStack
Pro

Tue May 16, 2017 10:17 pm

Totally withya on this one and one thing that gets me disappointed sometimes is that the update interval for Syn VA mainly is in months while for other Syn frameworks the update interval is nearly every week :( although my requirements are pretty much fulfilled by Syn VA. I did try HAL once years ago but it looked like something outta of the 1960s Space Odyssey movie but then I moved to Syn VA for reasons like zero user data collection policy (privacy assurance), free license for individual developers, open plugin system and the fantastic scripting interface via SIML and Bot Studio.

I mainly use it as my smart house interface like for playing music, controlling the sprinklers n all as I rarely get the time to just sit back and chat with it. Compared to the previous version this one's light-years ahead but ya there's been some tradeoffs. Havin been in touch with the core devs the product actually has taken off a lot (franzz, from help and support did disclose names of a number of organizations who have licensed it and are using modified or improved versions in their organizations) and if the roadmap is committed within the next couple of months ima pretty sure it would be a very competitive desktop VA.

Fingers crossed eh :)

knight2000

Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Its very good for voice commands, very quick response. For my particular use, i'm creating a robot in which people can interact with it. So for me, the voice recognition in the chat module is a must. This bot seems very intelligent and you can carry on a semi normal conversion.

I love Hal, he has unlimited possibilities but he takes too long to respond, nearly 5 seconds plus there hasn't been any updates to the project in "eons" lol. Are there any other chat bots out there comparable to this one?

JeffersonStack
Pro

Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 am

yeppers "eons" I do remember seeing the creators ones requesting investment of like a 1000 bucks in a post in chatbots.org or some site for a custom avatar to be made. truly speaking haven't ever found any better alternatives. :?

knight2000

Mon May 22, 2017 7:36 pm

So i just found this posting http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index ... 3#msg77693

Ultra Hal 7 will soon be available. Cant wait!

Return to “General Discussion”