I have a weird problem happening. Heretofore, I have been typing to the assistant as I didn't have an adequate microphone and figured, once it comes, everything will just transfer over. I got a nice microphone, went through Windows' speech setup, made sure I was in US English (and not UK English as a previous poster had such a problem) and turned it all on. Currently, it seems that all of the plugins are taking verbal commands however, the 'regular conversation' pieces aren't registering.
If I say "Start Game", we can tic and tac 'til our toes fall off. If I say "Play music" it starts instantaneously. If I say "What's the weather?" I get a response so long as I'm attached to the internet. If I say "How old am I?" nothing happens. It's as if it can't 'hear' spoken words that aren't plug ins.
At the bottom is a snippit of my log file (which I really had to fight her for- she said it was up and it wasn't- and then I couldn't upload a .txt or a .docx to the attachment screen). I saw that there's an XML file that isn't loading properly.
- 10/25/2017 4:20:22 PM [Info] Embedded resource 'Syn.VA.Plugins.Browser.BrowserPluginSettings.xml' not available.
- 10/25/2017 4:20:23 PM [Info] Loading Plugin class: 'SpeechPlugin'
10/25/2017 4:20:23 PM [Info] Unloaded all grammar.
10/25/2017 4:20:23 PM [Info] Loaded Grammar: ''
Thank you all in advance for being my 'training wheels' in this endeavor. I cannot wait to have an assistant listening to me and commenting on the goings on in the office from atop my work desk.
Edit [By FranzZ]: Log data saved to reference directory and removed from post.