HitmanDark

SIML Oscova Fallback not working

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:40 am

So I'm using this code;

SIML Code

<Siml>
  <Dialog Name="HelloBotDialog" IntentAlias="smalltalk-greetings">
    <!--This intent does not need a name as an `IntentAlias` value has been specified-->

<Intent>
    	<Expression Value="Hello"/>
    	<Response>Hi</Response>
    </Intent>

<Intent>
    	<Fallback/>
    	<Response>Don't understand</Response>
    </Intent>

</Dialog>
</Siml>
And the fallback intent isn't working at all, when I test in the console it always just replies with 'Hello' and the <Fallback/> tag is red which I believe indicates it as an error. Am I wrong somewhere or is there a special way of using this?

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Re: SIML Oscova Fallback not working

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:53 am

Bot Studio is now obsolete and is being replaced at a fast pace by Oryzer Studio. I've just tested your code in Oryzer Studio and it seems to be working fine. The red label is not a critical indication of an unknown tag, usually tags get highlighted when the auto-complete feature doesn't have any information about a tag.

HitmanDark

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:00 pm

I see, I've just installed Oryzer Studio and I'm trying it out. It seems pretty cool. Is there a way to export a project as an SIML file or package in Oryzer?

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:53 pm

Oryzer Studio at the moment only exports the workspace to .west files. This can be imported into Oscova Bot using the ImportWorkspace() method.

Note: SIML Classic isn't supported.

We are working on Oryzer to completely replace Bot Studio as a whole for SIML Modern. Every now and then we'll pushing chunks of updates to better the experience.

HitmanDark

Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:11 pm

Ok, I see. So is there an estimated time of arrival for any of these updates? or do they just come when they come?
And do you guys take feature suggestions for the Oryzer Studio? I'd love to give some.

Leslie
Lead Software Architect

Tue Feb 25, 2020 12:23 am

Bot Studio was developed in entirety keeping developer suggestions in mind. Over 65 % of the commits (for the past 3 years) were community driven.

We would love to hear from you as to what we can do to improve developer experience.

FYI we've just released yet another update to Oryzer Studio today that adds certain features to the Oscova Bot test panel node, making it easier for developers to debug and improve bot responses.

HitmanDark

Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:15 am

Yo, it's cool that everything's going smoothly. I look forward to all the improvements/updates.
Here are some of my suggesting that I thought up;
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=6030

Return to “Report Bugs and Issues”